Mission City MISSIONS
We are committed to sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ and making disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:18-20).
All missions activities should reflect the Six Distinctives of Mission City
- FERVENT PRAYER
Dependent and expectant (Ephesians 6:18)
- PURPOSEFUL DISCIPLE-MAKING
Intentional and in community (Ephesians 4:11-16)
- PASSIONATE WORSHIP
Spirit and truth (John 4:24)
- COURAGEOUS EVANGELISM
Word and deed (Matthew 9:36-38)
- BOLD PREACHING
Expository and applicational (1 Corinthians 2:1-5)
- STRATEGIC CHURCH PLANTING
Together and around the World (Matthew 16:18b)
Additional guiding principles of Mission City missions
- All our missions’ initiatives and activities are to be conceived, delivered and sustained in the seeking of God’s leading and His blessing through prayer and the study of His word.
- We will support missions that focus on preaching and teaching the gospel, seeking to produce quality disciples, and planting like-minded churches.
- We will be deeply involved in a few missions and missionaries rather than be superficially involved with many.
- We will identify, support and encourage those within our church family whom the Lord calls to missions.
- We will pursue a global approach to missions by beginning in our local community and extending beyond to other Canadian and international communities.
- Our priority will be to utilize and support local missions workers and organizations who seek to evangelize their own people. Secondarily, we will support missions workers who provide services that cannot be readily accessed locally.
- All missions’ activities should be performed in an attitude of humility and cultural sensitivity. [where this does not compromise the Gospel]
- We will look to partner with other Mission City Bible Churchs in supporting certain missions when and where it is appropriate.
Our strategy for evangelism is you. As we make disciples that make disciples, we train and equip our church family to be the centre of our evangelism strategy. We also have teams that head out regulary to do intense street evangelism. Some of our other initiatives are through partnerships with:
- PRC Brant
- The Brantford Food Bank
You can find more info below on how you can get involved in any of these ministries.
We are a Church plant that is all about making disciples. One of the ways that we do this is through Church planting. This year we have partnered along with Mission City Mississauga to help plant Hope Church Toronto North.
We are also praying for the Lord to lead us to locations to plant new Churches. If you have an area that you would like to see a Church planted in, your first step is to begin to pray. Pray that the Lord of the Mission City will send labourers as the fields are white unto harvest. (Matt. 9:37-38)
On the Global front we partner with the Great Commission Collective (GCC) to plant Churches around the world.
Currently we are involved in Cap Haiten as well we have several Missionaries involved in global missions.
Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ (Matthew 25: 34-36)
Brantford Food Bank
Top 10 List of High Demand Items:
- Canned Meat (tuna, spam, etc)
- Canned fruit and veggies
- Cereal or oatmeal
- Personal hygiene items (shampoo, deodorant etc)
- Peanut butter
- Pork & beans
- Spaghetti sauce & dry pasta
- Kraft dinner
Drop your offering off at the Brantford Food Bank 1100 Clarence St S #202 · (519) 751-4357 | Map
[Pregnancy & Resource Centre]
As their needs are constantly changing, we encourage you to please visit their website and ask the Lord to show you where He would call you to serve.
Help children develop healthy minds, bodies and relationships while
discovering God’s love for them by sponsoring with Compassion.
Please visit their website and ask the Lord to show you where He would call you to serve.
- Adopt-a-Family: Members of our Church are able to recommend or apply for a Christmas meal hamper confidentially, which will be donated by one of our small groups or individuals to that family.
- Christmas Night Of Prayer: December ___will be our Christmas Night of Prayer. Members of our Church submit names of unsaved loved one for prayer.
- Christmas Benevolence: Through our Small Groups, families are confidentially identified that need extra help. They will receive gift cards to help them through this season.
- Christmas Offering: During the month of December we are receiving a Christmas offering every Sunday. Our goal this year is $80,000 that will be used for the mission of God as we seek to further His Kingdom in 2019.
- Operation Christmas Child: Our church family filled shoeboxes in the name of Jesus to kids globally. This campaign runs through October and November.
- Pregnancy and Resource Centre BRANT: Opportunity to support the GROWING HEARTS program through our Mission City Kids Treasuring Christmas event.