At Mission City Bible Church, we publicly commission parents to raise their children in the Lord. As a church We commit to come alongside.
- Parents are acknowledging their child as a gift from God (Psalm 127:3-5).
- Parents are publicly declaring their intention to raise their child in such a way that they are given an opportunity to know God and to establish a personal relationship with Christ (Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Ephesians 6:4).
- Parents are affirming their total dependence upon the Lord (John 15:5).
- Parents are asking family, friends and the church community to prayerfully support and hold them accountable to these commitments (Hebrews 10:24-25).
STEPS FOR PARENT COMMISSIONING
- Commissioning parent(s) attend and successfully complete Mission City Essentials.
- Commissioning parent(s) attend Mission City Bible Church for at least six months.
- Commissioning parent(s) complete the Parent Commissioning Application Form.
- Commissioning parent(s) meet with a Mission City Kids leader.
- Commissioning parent(s) attend the commissioning service with their child(ren).