At Mission City Bible Church, we encourage parents to publicly dedicate their children to the Lord.
- Parents are acknowledging their child as a gift from God (Psalm 127:3-5).
- Parents are publicly declaring their intention to raise their child in such a way that they are given an opportunity to know God and to establish a personal relationship with Christ (Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Ephesians 6:4).
- Parents are affirming their total dependence upon the Lord (John 15:5).
- Parents are asking family, friends and the church community to prayerfully support and hold them accountable to these commitments (Hebrews 10:24-25).
STEPS FOR CHILD DEDICATION:
- Dedicating parent(s) attend and successfully complete a Mission Essentials Class.
- Dedicating parent(s) have been attending Mission City Brantford regularly for at least six months.
- Dedicating parent(s) having successfully filled out and handed in the Child Dedication Application Form.
- Dedicating parent(s) attend the scheduled Child Dedication service and have their child(dren) dedicated.